Techrete are continuously searching to create savings that can be passed on to their customers. In order to do this Techrete is constantly running research and development as to discover better and more economical ways of producing the highest quality and most efficient precast cladding components.
Our technical ability has made us the preferred precast partner of many of the leading architectural and consulting engineering companies in Ireland and the U.K
Through investment in product, process and system innovation, we have been able to progressively expand the range and functionality of our cladding products. In particular the range of surfaces, finishes and texture styles available.
Some of the technology Techrete have invested in are as follows:
- Bridge Polisher that can precisely add a honed or polished finish to recon panels
- Fully equipped metalwork shop capable of making steel brackets and cast-in components
- Automated bending machine capable of bending a weeks worth of reinforcement into any shape in one man day
- Fully automated batching plant with precise control of weight and moisture
- Erection equipment
- Low loaders
If you have any queries about our R&D work, please get in touch.
Below is a slide show of some of Techretes most innovative projects and some of the innovative technology we have in our factories
Sustainability is increasingly important, especially in today's construction world. Techrete are devoted to sustainability and wit providing customers with the information they need on our credentials with focus on how we can provide a zero carbon building.
As a leading company in the business of designing, manufacturing and supplying architectural precast concrete cladding to the Irish and U.K construction markets. Techrete promotes sustainability both in the design and function of products and in the process used in manufacturing.
Techrete has invested heavily in energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable processes, equipment, workshops, office facilities and management systems. Techrete is ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001 certified and achilles accredited. Techrete is also BES 6001 certified (Responsible sourcing of construction products). All Techrete panels carry the CE mark.
The inherent properties of precast concrete make it a natural choice for achieving sustainability in modern buildings. For example, precast concrete cladding:
- Is locally manufactured, using local products, and thus minimizes transport costs
- Involves minimal waste, and most manufacturing waste is recycled
- Enables rapid construction, with fewer trades on site and thus less waste
- Has high thermal mass, which enables components to absorb, store and radiate heat
- Is durable, reusable and low-maintenance
For more information about precast being the sustainable choice click here.
We seek to achieve new levels of sustainable performance in our highly cost-effective precast building systems, including durability, thermal mass and insulation values, while our architectural panels enable greater construction efficiency. In all, our sustainable building products reduce energy consumption and reduce the users carbon footprint. The use of precast concrete cladding in a building can reduce a buildings thermal mass, helping out in daily and during seasonal thermal swings.
Our approach is to:
• Keep informed of all relevant legislation/ best practices in the industry, monitoring our operations to ensure compliance
• Meet all regulatory and consent requirements pertaining to our business
• Work with subcontractors, suppliers and clients to encourage environmental awareness and sustainability and to identify and to share ways of reducing negative environmental impacts
• Manage our buildings and construction sites in an environmentally sensitive manner
• Reduce and strive to eliminate hazardous and nuisance releases to the air, water and landfill, including Co2 emissions
• Operate a careful buying policy, giving preference to materials from sustainable sources.