Techrete strive to be the field leaders in architectural precast concrete cladding and are constantly motivated to develop new products and technologies and offer a quality service to our clients. We are now recruiting for the position of Estimator. This position will be based at our Balbriggan, Co. Dublin facility. This is an excellent opportunity to build on your career, by becoming an integral part of our commercial team.
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Compiling estimates, budgets and cost plans
- Thorough measurement of façades and panelisation of schemes
- Thorough review of tender documents, drawings, specifications and contracts
- Assessing material, labour and equipment costs
- Analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Preparation of documentation
- Compiling Quality Tender Submissions
- Pre-, Mid- & Post-Tender meetings
- Cost advice to Architects, PQS, Developers and Main Contractors
- Dealing with clients Pre-& Post Sales.
- Working alongside Sales and Marketing Colleagues
- Reporting to Head of Commercial & Senior Estimator
- Interfacing and dealing with other departments
The key requirements of the role are
- 3rd level qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics Degree/ Diploma
- A Technical Architectural or Engineering background will be also considered if the candidate can demonstrate a good commercial awareness.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a contractor or PQS practice
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to utilise IT equipment effectively and adapt to new Software technologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Working knowledge of various forms of contract
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Techrete is an equal opportunities employer.