Lead Structural Engineer
Techrete strive to be the field leaders in architectural precast concrete cladding and are constantly motivated to develop new products and technologies and offer a quality service to our clients. Our projects are at the cutting edge of innovation in the precast cladding sector and have won numerous awards including the RIBA Stirling award, RIBA Regional Awards, Irish Concrete Awards and British Precast Awards to name but a few.
We are now recruiting for the position of Lead Structural Engineer. Reporting to the head of the engineering team, you will be responsible for the design of precast concrete products in both the UK and Ireland. Your responsibilities will range from producing initial concept designs and advcie, through liaising with the external design and client teams to supervising the detailed design and production information on the project.
The successful applicant should have:
- Degree in Civil Engineering / Structural Engineering.
- Be Chartered or close to becoming Chartered.
- Structural Engineer with 7 - 10 years’+ post-graduate experience in the design and management of a range of building projects.
- Must have strong structural design experience.
- Leadership skills and experience managing a design team.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Knowledge of current BIM operating systems and standards.
- Track record working with clients.
- Experience in precast concrete industry an advantage.
The Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Preparing conceptual, schematic and detailed design solutions for precast design.
- Liaising and co-ordinating with external design team members.
- Attending design team meetings and client liaison meetings.
- The management and co-ordination of deliverables and resources on projects.
You can apply via LinkedIn or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Techrete is an equal opportunities employer but unfortunately we can only accept applicants from people who are eligible to work in the EU.