Recon Stone Panels
Reconstructed Stone – highly versatile and cost-effective
Reconstructed Stone – Recon for short, and also known as architectural or self-finished concrete – simulates the appearance and quality of natural stone. But ‘reconstructed’ implies a material that pretends to be something else. Because of its strength, three-dimensional adaptability and the quality of textures, it enables architects to create in a way not possible with any other material.
Recon has many advantages:
- Components can be cast in an almost limitless range of shapes and sizes.
- Recon can be used as either structural or non-load-bearing decorative cladding.
- Its mouldability makes it ideal for producing traditional or contemporary masonry detailing.
- Special mixes of aggregates, cements and pigments can produce similar colours and textures of natural masonry.
- Unlike carved natural stone, reconstructed stone can be produced at very affordable prices.
- It’s a low-maintenance material that weathers extremely well, so expensive cleaning and maintenance are not required.
- No scaffolding/external hoisting, etc
- Reduction of wet trades on site
- Acoustic benefits
- Reduction of waste
Thanks to the versatility of reconstructed stone, Techrete can achieve the most challenging of design concepts.
The exposed faces of Recon panels can be finished to achieve differing degrees of aggregate exposure. You can view the various Recon finishes here.
To see a variety of uses, have a look at our Recon projects.