Please note : We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies to fill this position.
Department : Operations
Reporting to : Managing Director
Role & Responsibilities :
For the role of Operations Director, Techrete are looking for an energetic, innovative, and inspiring leader who will take responsibility for leading and managing teams across manufacturing, construction, and project management.
The successful candidate will be the one to ensure the Techrete business is well-coordinated and productive, by managing its procedures and coaching its people. The area of responsibility for this role requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many kinds of operational activities. He/she will be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success. Accountable for:
• Providing leadership, direction, and challenge to create a culture of high performance and efficiency, continual improvement, innovation, and client focus.
• Establishing effective working relationships with key partners and clients in all business areas.
• Creating, leading, mentoring and coaching a high performing team of professionals that have vast experience in many technologies and disciplines.
• Providing direction to project management on key operations projects as well as resource management, to ensure any issues impacting on Techrete’s facilities or client sites across Ireland and the UK, are accurately resourced and resolved.
Key Responsibilities :
• Oversee production facilities, managing the manufacturing process of bespoke, complex and high-quality products.
• Identifying suitable changes to manufacturing processes and personnel to improve efficiencies, enhance specification and quality of product and meet construction programme deadlines.
• Drive any manufacturing efficiency programmes that are deemed necessary, embedding lean practices.
• Promote a manufacturing culture that discourages waste and delivers consistently on quality.
• Agree and sign-off on, manufacturing, construction, and project management strategies for various projects. This may involve outlining guidelines for selecting contractors and specifying the order in which construction activities will be undertaken.
• Work with the Managing Director to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals, while being responsible for the planning and monitoring of the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress is guaranteed.
• Meet project budgets and assess the operational and financial risks for proposed construction projects and help the company to select the most commercially viable ones. This will involve overseeing the agreement of project timelines, costs and resources, getting buy-in from project teams and ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
• Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work collaboratively to provide quality, seamless customer service while building and managing the client relationships.
• Actively participate in site project meetings, ensuring that all commercial and operational matters are discussed, and problems investigated and resolved.
• Track project progress through detailed plans, providing advice and feedback to senior management at regular meetings.
• Ensure that all construction projects in progress are completed on schedule and within budget; staying in constant communication with project managers, ready to address any arising challenges.
• Work in parallel with the Head of Commercial to ensure full awareness of all information at Estimating/Surveying handover.
Knowledge & Experience :
• Demonstrable track-record of leading manufacturing facilities, ideally of a complex and bespoke product.
• 3rd Level qualification in Engineering/Construction or related field.
• Appropriate Health & Safety and Environmental qualifications, or knowledge.
• Strong knowledge of BIM.
• Excellent computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Project Management.
• 15+ years’ experience on large complex projects, operating in a similar role i.e. Operations Manager, Senior Contracts Manager.
• Experience of working with multidisciplinary team such as Engineering, Design, Project Management and Construction Management Teams.
• Proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion
• Strong knowledge of precast cladding/façade construction techniques, buildability and value engineering concepts would be desirable.
• Ability to demonstrate financial, commercial, and business development acumen.
• Strong customer focus skills with the ability to build relationships and networks with strategic stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills – oral, written, listening, executive presentations.
• Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and plan effectively within a strict deadline environment.