About Techrete & Our Culture
|Techrete strive to be the field leaders in architectural precast concrete cladding and are constantly motivated to develop new products and technologies and offer a quality, sustainable service to our clients. |
We have built a family owned business which is based on the principles of integrity, honesty, loyalty, safety & quality. Our commitment to both our customers and our employees is paramount in everything we do. Our objective of achieving our project targets in the safest way possible & ensuring a result of unsurpassed quality, drives everything we do.
Everybody involved in our projects from our customer to the Techrete people who execute work, are all treated as part of the Techrete family.
We are now recruiting for the position of Estimator, based at our Dublin facility. This is an excellent opportunity to join a collaborative, growing team of experts in the field and build on your career.
About the Role
|As an Estimator reporting to the Head of Estimating, you will be involved in and responsible for dealing with clients pre and post sales, upfront involvement in multiple projects for work winning with other team members and providing cost advice and delivering quality tender submissions. In the role you will undertake estimating and commercial activities during the tendering and precontract process through to handover to the project delivery team, ensuring a seamless handover between work winning and project delivery.|
The responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
• Compiling estimates, budgets and cost plans
• Thorough measurement of façades and panelisation of schemes
• Thorough review of tender documents, drawings, specifications and contracts
• Assessing material, labour and equipment costs
• Analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers
• Preparation of documentation
• Compiling Quality Tender Submissions
• Pre-, Mid- & Post-Tender meetings
• Cost advice to Architects, PQS, Developers and Main Contractors
• Dealing with clients Pre-& Post Sales.
• Working alongside Sales and Marketing Colleagues
• Reporting to Head of Commercial & Senior Estimator
• Interfacing and dealing with other contractors, sub-contractors, clients etc
| Why work at Techrete?:|
• Competitive remuneration and benefits
• Career development opportunities in Ireland and the UK
• Subsidised canteen
• Bike to Work / Tax Saver travel
• Social Club
• Early finish on Fridays (3.30pm)
• A Technical Architectural or Engineering background
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a contractor or PQS practice
• Strong communication skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
• Ability to utilise IT equipment effectively and adapt to new Software technologies
• Working knowledge of various forms of contract
• 3rd level qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics Degree/ Diploma
About The Application Process
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the link below.
Thank you for your interest in Techrete.