Role & Responsibilities :
For the role of Facilities Manager, we seek an individual to drive the maintenance of hard and soft services for our facilities across Ireland and the United Kingdom. In order to be successful for this role you will have experience working on multi sites. You will have experience working within a manufacturing environment and you will have experience dealing with small revenue works. You will also have knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.
This role reports to the Executive Director, and is based in Dublin, Ireland or Brigg, UK. The Facilities manager will demonstrate exemplary critical thinking, innovation, and multi-tasking abilities. They must demonstrate proven success in a dynamic and fast paced environment with high communication skills.
Service areas include Hard FM technical and building services; Capital Equipment, Maintenance, Cleaning, Landscaping, Pest Control, Waste and Security, CCTV, Fire Alarms etc.
Key Responsibilities :
- Oversee facilities management across our facilities, encompassing both soft services & hard services
- Provide guidance on all FM service delivery and act as a subject matter expert
- The single point of contact for all Facilities Management activities on the sites, communicating daily with senior leadership.
- Manage our internal management system ‘Pirana’ for all maintenance, materials, purchasing and services. Oversee the management of work scheduling and asset management, track quantities of maintenance transactions effectively, efficiently and effortlessly. Responsible for extending asset life, cutting costs, meeting compliance and moving towards our sustainability goals.
- Ensure job closures are completed in timely manner.
- Comply with and implement existing business risk management procedures.
- Ensure statutory and non-statutory logs are kept up to date
- Ensure that business critical engineering plant down time is minimal.
- Audit all capital equipment and prepare rolling plan for maintenance, replacement etc. on Pirana.
- Ensure QHSE standards are maintained and promote best practice and site-specific core values.
- Organise operations to improve workflow, determine time frames and identify required resources for the day to day operations of Techrete sites. Identify areas of concern and develop plans to resolve them.
- Drive operational objectives with ongoing process improvement initiatives to continually improve service and project delivery.
- Work closely with the leadership team to evolve existing and develop new workplace services standards in Ireland and the UK
- Partner and develop strong relationships with all key stakeholders
- Responsible for providing business and organisational expertise to deliver a high-class experience to all guests and employees. Additional responsibilities are to support project management, business change management and process improvements on complex, multi-discipline, multi-year projects.
- Assist or manage special projects as needed
- Conduct facility inspections/assessments to ensure all building procedures & performance measures are always maintained
- Provide and review all monthly reporting, activities and trackers as required
- Ensure all procedures & operational manuals are always kept up to date
- Work closely with the EH&S team in providing support for H&S compliance
Required Skills :
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and workflow to ensure accuracy and quality across various locations
- Analytical thinking to identify and understand business challenges and solutions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where priorities change frequently
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to engage with emotional intelligence as required to avoid conflicts with customers vendors and stakeholders
- Excellent independent decision-making capabilities and a solutions-oriented attitude
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams such as Engineering, Design, Project Management and Construction Management Teams.
- Strong knowledge of precast cladding/façade construction techniques.
- Proficient at using the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
Desirable but not Essential :
- Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate experience) in Facilities Management
- Experience in Workplace Services, Facilities Services, Office Services or closely related function