About Techrete and Our Culture
|Techrete strive to be the field leaders in architectural precast concrete cladding and are constantly motivated to develop new products and technologies and offer a quality, sustainable service to our clients. |
We have built a family owned business which is based on the principles of integrity, honesty, loyalty, safety & quality. Our commitment to both our customers and our employees is paramount in everything we do. Our objective of achieving our project targets in the safest way possible & ensuring a result of unsurpassed quality, drives everything we do. Everybody involved in our projects from our customer to the Techrete people who execute work, are all treated as part of the Techrete family.
About the Role and Responsibilities
|For the role of Facilities Manager, we seek an experienced individual to drive the maintenance of hard and soft services for our facilities across Ireland and the United Kingdom. In order to be successful for this role you will have experience working on multi sites. You will have experience working within a manufacturing environment and you will have experience of budget management and control of small revenue works. You will also have knowledge of Health & Safety regulations.|
This role reports to the Operations Director, and is based in Dublin, Ireland or Brigg, UK. The Facilities manager will demonstrate exemplary leadership, people management, critical thinking, innovation, and multi-tasking abilities. They must demonstrate proven success in a dynamic and fast paced environment with high communication skills.
Service areas include Hard FM technical and building services; Capital Equipment, Maintenance, Cleaning, Landscaping, Pest Control, Waste and Security, CCTV, Fire Alarms etc.
|– Oversee facilities management across our facilities, encompassing both soft services & hard services|
– Provide leadership on all FM service delivery and act as a subject matter expert
– The single point of contact for all Facilities Management activities on the sites, communicating daily with senior leadership.
– Manage our internal management system ‘Pirana’ for all maintenance, materials, purchasing and services.
– Oversee the management of work scheduling and asset management, track quantities of maintenance transactions effectively, efficiently and effortlessly.
– Responsible for extending asset life, cutting costs, meeting compliance and moving towards our sustainability goals.
Using the Facilities and Maintenance modules, you will be responsible for:
o Asset, Meter & Task Registers
o Checklists & Condition Monitoring, (Servicing and Inspection)
o Scheduling of routine Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and commissioning to plant and equipment as confirmed in scope
o Work Scheduling & Requests
o Stock, Inventory & Purchasing Control – For Spares
o Costs & Charges Management (Contractors)
o Management KPIs & Reporting
o Supporting sustainability goals by optimising equipment lifecycle, analysing outsourcing requirements and minimising energy usage
– Ensure job closures are completed in timely manner.
– Comply with and implement existing business risk management procedures.
– Ensure statutory and non-statutory logs are kept up to date
– Ensure that business critical engineering plant down time is minimal.
– Audit all capital equipment and prepare rolling plan for maintenance, replacement etc. on Pirana.
– Ensure QHSE standards are maintained and promote best practice and site-specific core values.
– Define both the service concept and the outsourcing strategy for all facilities
– Organise operations to improve workflow, determine time frames and identify required resources for the day to day operations of Techrete sites.
– Identify areas of concern and develop plans to resolve them.
– Drive operational objectives with ongoing process improvement initiatives to continually improve service and project delivery.
– Work closely with the leadership team to evolve existing and develop new workplace services standards in Ireland and the UK
– Vendor Management – Working with Purchasing, ensure we have the best in class suppliers for our offices and effectively implement vendor management best practices.
– Proactively partner with key vendors and operate a detailed KPI and SLA structure to ensure continued service improvement
– Partner and develop strong relationships with all key stakeholders
– Strive for excellence in our day-to day business, identify technology and process gaps and ensure decisions are data driven.
– Scale our services to support the future growth of the organisation and improve our collaboration with key vendors and internal stakeholders.
– Management and control of all budget items including forecasting, spend trackers, cost analysis.
– Prepare monthly reports on same.
– Responsible for providing business and organisational expertise to deliver a high-class experience to all guests and employees.
– Additional responsibilities are to support project management, business change management and process improvements on complex, multi-discipline, multi-year projects.
– Assist or manage special projects as needed
– Conduct facility inspections/assessments to ensure all building procedures & performance measures are always maintained
– Provide and review all monthly reporting, activities and trackers as required
– Ensure all procedures & operational manuals are always kept up to date
– Work closely with the EH&S team in providing support for H&S compliance
|– Strong knowledge of precast cladding manufacturing equipment and facilities.|
– Demonstrated ability to manage projects and workflow to ensure accuracy and quality across various locations — – Analytical thinking to identify and understand complex corporate business, challenges and solutions
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment where priorities change frequently
– Demonstrated ability to manage the overall business initiative or several components of a large, complex project
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Ability to engage with emotional intelligence as required to avoid conflicts with customers vendors and stakeholders
– Excellent independent decision-making capabilities and a solutions-oriented attitude
– Change Management principles and processes experience desired
– Experience of working with multidisciplinary team such as Engineering, Design, Project Management and Construction Management Teams.
– Proficient at using the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
Desirable but not Essential
|– Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate experience) in Facilities Management|
– Ten years’ experience in Workplace Services, Facilities Services, Office Services or closely related function
|Why work at Techrete?|
– Competitive remuneration and benefits
– Career development opportunities in Ireland and the UK
– Subsidised canteen
– Bike to Work / Tax Saver travel
– Social Club
– Early finish on Fridays (3.30pm)