Role and Responsibilities:
The Project Manager will operate as Project Team leader with a team assembled from representatives of the Design, Surveying and Construction departments.
The ultimate aim and responsibility of the Project Manager is the successful delivery of a project to our client safely, on time, within budget and to the quality requirements of the company, project specification and the client. Additionally, providing support to the company through the individual projects and feedback, for the successful operation of the business as a whole.
The project manager will report to the department head throughout each stage of the project. The project manager will report back to the Senior Management Team on a fortnightly basis to discuss what stage each project is at.
The Main Duties of this role will be as follows:
- Identifying an understanding of every aspect of the scope of works of a project.
- Maintaining a proactive involvement in every aspect of a project.
- Keep all departments including the client informed through both informal discussions and formal reporting procedures.
- The Project Manager should facilitate the decision-making process internally (and with the client/ contractor) by ‘assembling’ all the necessary information to allow the Project Team/ Department Head/ Board of Directors to consider all available options.
- Maintaining records and following the steps/ procedures outlined in our manual, on each project to ensure milestones are achieved and recorded.
- Record all events ‘en route’ during the progress of the project in order to ensure easy reference and ‘traceability’ should it be required later in the project.
- Ensure the seamless transition from tender/ order through all departments to the final client handover and financial closure on a project. Establish and maintain good client relations.
- Ensure that the project team is established, and good internal relations maintained throughout the course of the project. The Project Manager acts on all projects as the team leader and is responsible for the performance of the team and the inter-company links.
- The Project Manager’s responsibility is to identify any internal failure creating disruption/ delay to the project and to be pro-active in dealing with any internal ‘blockages’ to ensure the general progress of the project is maintained.
- It is expected that the Project Manager will oversee more than one project with the limitations on the number of projects being restricted not only by value or volume but also by the complexity and the expected demands of the client.
- Provide ‘early warning signals’ at any stage during the duration of a project in order to bring to the attention of the project team and if necessary, the Senior Management/ Board of Directors any difficulties encountered/ exposed/ uncovered. This ‘early warning signal’ is equally applicable to any findings within the tender/ order that we may as a company have committed to.
- Proactively manage the commercial performance and budgets by working collaboratively alongside your project Quantity Surveyor.
Pre-Requisite Knowledge, Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills & ability to multitask
- Excellent team player
- Prior experience in façades co-ordination is an advantage
Education /Minimum Qualifications
- Related Engineering / Construction / Architecture Degree
- Familiar with using 3D modelling for co-ordination purposes is an advantage.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a project management role.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel & Microsoft Projects or Asta.