Role and Responsibilities :
Techrete strive to be the field leaders in architectural precast concrete cladding and are constantly motivated to develop new products and technologies and offer a quality service to our clients. We are now recruiting for the position of Quantity Surveyor. This position will be based at our Leicester facility. This is an excellent opportunity to build on your career, by becoming an integral part of our commercial team.
About You :
- For the role of Quantity Surveyor, we are looking for an individual to take charge of managing all costs related to civil engineering and building projects from the first calculations to the final numbers. Our Quantity Surveyors are tasked with reducing the overall cost of a project thus ensuring value for money.
- You must adhere to clearly defined standards and quality which are specified by building regulations and our internal manual.
- You will have a proven track record in the construction industry along with a keen interest in the area of product development.
- You will establish effective internal working relationships.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
- You will have a strong sense of ownership, are passionate and detail oriented.
- Your key responsibilities include:
- Carrying out feasibility studies.
- Cost control & cost benefit analysis.
- Risk analysis evaluations.
- Advising on legal issues and representing company at client meetings.
- Drawing up contracts with vendors.
- Negotiating the cost of projects.
- Working with the Estimating team, you will be involved at every stage of project costing
- A large amount of strategic work is involved as you need to ensure everything is completed to the necessary quality within the allotted budget and timeframe.
Ideally You Will Possess :
- 3rd Level qualification in Engineering/Construction/Quantity Surveying.
- A chartership professional qualification is desirable
- Excellent computer literacy.
- 10+ years’ experience operating in a similar role.
- Proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion.
- Strong knowledge of precast cladding/façade construction techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and plan effectively within a strict deadline environment.
If you are interested in this position, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply using the form below.
Due to the number of responses we receive to our advertisements, we are sometimes unable to respond individually to each application. If you do not hear from us within 14 days after the closing date, you may assume you have not been selected for interview this time – but you are welcome to apply for any future vacancy you feel you are suitable for. Thank you for your interest in Techrete.